New in , opened to verify productÂ
Handcrafted Japanese Knives, Produces Exceptionally Thin Cuts and Slices Top-Quality Materials and Performance, 9 Inch, Brown
- Classic Hollow-Ground Slicing Knifeâ€™s long, narrow blade allows cleaner cuts of meat, poultry and smoked or cooked fish; razor-sharp blade helps keep more of the juices and flavor inside the meat
- Blade features Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX stainless steel clad with 68 layers of Damascus stainless steel for a blade with an exquisitely sharp edge, incredible edge retention, and striking beauty
- Attractive, comfortable PakkaWood handle is intended for consistent and demanding use; made from genuine hardwood with resin to protect against water or moisture damage
- Blade is hand-sharpened to 16-degree angle, double-bevel cutting edge; VG-MAX cutting edge stays sharp longer; Shun will sharpen for free when resharpening is needed
- Narrow profile and hollow-ground indentations to help blade glide through food with less drag for fast and easy slicing
Knife Steel is Essential
Heat treatmentâ€”an invisible, yet vital, process. This exacting process is fundamentally important to ensuring that your Shun provides lasting value. In heat treatment, the metal is heated and cooled to change its microstructure, bringing out its very best properties. With precise heat treatment, blade steel becomes finer grained, making it stronger and harder so blades can be thinner, sharper, and give you a longer-lasting edge. Shunâ€™s experts are, quite simply, masters of the heat treatment process.
These traditional Japanese-style handles have a slight ridge on the right side, which fits into the curl of the fingers for a comfortable and secure grip. Viewed end-on, the shape resembles the capital letter "D". Pakkawood is waterproof, incredibly durable, and won't harbor bacteria.
|Product Dimensions||16.9 x 3.2 x 1.1 inches|
|Item Weight||12.8 ounces|
|Item model number||DM0720|